Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and bioequivalence studies in the dermis
We investigate the transport and effects of APIs/drugs in the dermis after local, topical or systemic application in the dermis – in-vivo and ex-vivo. We perform tissue-specific preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies of APIs/drugs.
We also investigate bioavailability/bioequivalence and perform metabolomic studies in-vivo and ex-vivo. For these investigations, we use our patented technique - open flow microperfusion (OFM) - as well as conventional microdialysis.
Dermal ISF sampling without limitations
- OFM is a probe based method.
- A linear membrane-free OFM probe is inserted into the skin and lies right beneath the dermis.
- The OFM probe is continuously perfused.
- At the exchange area (sampling mesh) substances are freely exchanged between the ISF and the perfusate.
- Direct contact with the dermal interstitial fluid compartement (ISF)
- Continuous ISF collection in-vivo
- No limitation in size: from single molecules to antibodies
- No limitation regarding lipophilicity
- Simultaneous analysis of multiple substances (e. g. biomarkers)